Monday, December 1, 2014

He is the Gift

Family, I think this is the best time of year.. With Thanksgiving and then Christmas around the corner it is a great time! We had a great week here!

Just want to start off with some good news.. We set a baptismal date for Daniel our investigator for December 20th!! It was such a cool lesson and was super spiritual.. Talk about the Lord preparing someone to partake of the Gospel. His story is absolutely amazing. What's even cooler is that his girlfriend is a member and has just barely been reactivated and brought him along.. She wants an eternal marriage in the temple and now since Daniel is getting baptized they can do it! So that was a high of the week.

Another high was Thanksgiving of course! I loved it and it really felt like I was at home as we went to the Robertsons. Thomas, Shirley and David were there as well and we were able to share the new intitiative, "He is the Gift" with them. They are 2 families who I love dearly and have made us feel at home so many times on the mission. I am grateful that we were able to spend Thanksgiving with them and we had a huge turkey and mashed potato feast. It was a great night!

This week we also were able to do transfer planning where we planned for the coming transfer and made the necessary changes. Transfer day is this Thursday. Elder McGinn only has 1 more transfer and then I will be getting a new companion. The time goes by super quick but nothing is better then being in the service of the Lord. 

This past weekend was another great weekend. We were able to go down to Heidelberg where I saw some good friends. Sister Lyons who I served with in Darmstadt is serving there and she is honestly an angel! She is one of the strongest sister missionaries I know. Elder Brown and Elder Mayne as well are studs! So that was cool to catch up with all of them! We had another Thanksgiving down there and it was great!

This week was a great week and I am so happy.. I wouldnt change this mission for anything! Again, I am so grateful that I came back and I get to be apart of such a great work here in Germany! I love it so very much and have been blessed to be here. I swear I have changed more in these past 2 months then I had in my first 17 months of my mission! This is the time of the mission where I understand and speak the language and missionary work is just second nature. Which is great. It is helping me be that person that Heavenly Father needs me to be. And again serving along side my best friends in other missions and my boys here in this mission. I love this work. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Have a great week!

Elder Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment